"I spent a lot of time shaking my head, saying "Wow!", because they really dig deep into the program material and bring the music to the forefront."
- Dennis Young, Home Theater Shack, October 2013
Bamberg 2 TM Monitor
The Bamberg 2 TM is a two-way bookshelf monitor for use on stands, as a surround speaker, or in the recording studio.
Sealed bass alignment tracks the 80Hz THX target curve. A subwoofer is normally used to extend the bass, as needed for full-range or video systems playback.
The sound is very clear and neutral.
PricingIntroductory pricing - Only $895 pair!
[click for more info]
- Angled facets around the tweeter to smooth the treble response, and improve imaging.
- 1.25" thick MDF baffle, fully cross-braced at driver hole webs.
- Acoustic scallops in woofer hole interior edges smoothes low treble response.
- 3/4" thick MDF wall panels with fine exterior finish.
- Two interior cross braces between opposing panels.
- 100% stuffed improves midrange clarity.
- Series PEQ LCR filter to tilt the woofer's naturally rising response back to flat, and yet not rotate the phase curve.
- Paralled PEQ LCR circuit to trap the metal cone ring.
- Tweeter has third-order damped T-circuit with Zcomp on impedance resonance.
- 2-position treble contour switch.
- As always, high-grade parts quality throughout.
- Voice coil windings immersed in magnetic fluid increase short term power handling capacity and reduce the compression at high power levels.
- High Definition precoated fabric dome tweeter with an integrated wide, precoated fabric surround.
- 5mm elastomer front plate.
- Substantial injection molded rear chamber eliminates unwanted chamber resonances.
- Large magnet system for faster transient response. Heavy copper rings to reduce nonlinear and modulation distortion and increase overload margin.
- Precision cast and surface treated aluminum cone coupled to a natural rubber surround showing no sign of edge (midrange) resonances.
- Extremely stiff and stable injection molded metal basket to keep the critical components in perfect alignment.
- Large windows in the basket both above and below the spider to reduce sound reflection, air flow noise and cavity resonance to a minimum.
Technical DataComplete Specifications Binder [new window]
|Height||47 cm / 18.5"|
|Width||22 cm / 8.7"|
|Depth||34 cm / 13.4"|
|Weight||11.4 kg / 25 lb|
|Recommended amplifier power||25-200 W|
|Input Impedance||8 Ohm|
|Bandwidth, -6dB||48 Hz - 24 kHz|
|Accuracy||+/- 2.5 dB|
|Sensitivity, 2.8v, 1M, HS||88.5 dB|
"... one can listen all day and easily find themselves listening long into the night well past bedtime ... "
To me, the new speakers with the faceted baffles were the best in the [Lone Star Audio Fest 2013] show. Maybe it was one of the few speakers that was in the right room for its size... But I was completely floored by its presentation. The imaging was spooky real, and music seemed unconstrained by the cabinets and floated in free space. Very, very good show, Phil.
They were very, very nice, and imaged like mini monitors. Phil is real sharp guy and I really enjoyed talking to him and listening to his speakers.